Cape Crushing

On a recent shopping trip I spotted this stunning Michael by Michael Kors cape cardigan hidden amongst a sea of fall fashion designs on the return rack in the dressing room. All I could see was the detail on the sleeve. When I pushed the other pieces aside, I was instantly in love. I didn't care how much or what size, I just knew I had to have it in my life. Thankfully all the elements came together and this fabulous piece was all mine. Fash Fact - Michael Kors, the fabulous New York native fashion designer, was actually born Karl Anderson Jr. When he was five years old his mother re-married and gave him the option to change his name since he was originally named after his father. It was this decision that turned Karl Anderson into Michael David Kors. Good choice, Michael. Two Karl's in the fash world would have been an travesty. Today, M. Kors is one of my ultra favorite designers. His pieces are always classic, wearable, and designed to perfection. Inspired by my new purchase, I decided to dress up my cape cardi with an Andrew Charles leopard print dress, brown tights, Forever 21 ankle boots, and my favorite Olivia + Joy handbag. It's pieces like this that make fall my absolute favorite time of year! 

Fash Tip - To keep your looks fresh and fun, try pairing bright colored handbags with your fall ensembles to add a splash of unexpected color to your winter naturals. 




To read all about my journey from small town girl to LA and what it's like working with Lauren Conrad and Giuliana Rancic be sure to check out my about me! :) 


Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @FashBoulevard
And "Like" Fash Boulevard on Facebook for more fash fun: Fash Fan Page.